Here are the top 7 SEO points that helps you on the top of website development game and better ranking in search engine.
1. Accurate page titles and descriptions
· Each page should have a unique page title that accurately describes the page’s content.
· Be brief and descriptive.
· Proper page titles help the user to understand what the page is about.
The title for your homepage includes the name of your website and other important information like the physical location of your business.
2. SEO friendly URLs
· Make your URLs simple and easy to understand for users and search engines
· To separate the words make use hyphens [-]
· Avoid keyword stuffing
· Use the proper words to describe your page
Examples of BAD URL
Examples of GOOD URL
3. Set of links or Breadcrumbs
· It is a set of links at the top of the page that support navigation. In Wordpress, there are many plugins which are free available free to create breadcrumbs.
· You should have a breadcrumb trail on all your internal pages.
4. Internal links
It is a very important factor for website SEO.
· Use keyword anchor text for linking related articles together or by using the full article title.
· Links should be useful for both the user and easy to understand by search engines.
· Avoid making too many internal linking. Create links that are important.
5. Broken links or 404 page
404 page is the page shown when a user is looking for a page on your site that doesn’t exist or follows a broken link.
A properly configured broken link or 404 pages should include:
· Give some information to the user of what happened to that page rather than displaying “Not found”
· Have design consistent with the rest of the website
· Give other options to the user to navigate to other pages of the site.
6. Image Optimization
· Use proper keywords in image filenames. Use the Alt Tag to describe the image.
· Use the Alt tag to describe the image.
· Optimize the image size. Smaller the size of image the faster it will load.
7. Page loading speed
The speed of the page plays an important role in ranking the website. The faster your page load the better is ranking.
How you can increase your page speed?
· Use plug-ins like W3Total in Wordpress.
· You can use Google Page Speed Service to check the page speed of your website and analyze the changes that Google suggests.